Did You Know?
• Americas favorite snack food is potato chips. We eat 1.2 billion pounds a year.Well Now You Know!
• Wonder Bread introduced sliced bread in 1930.
• The difference between apple juice and apple cider is that the juice is pasteurized and the cider is not.
• Van Camp's Pork and Beans were a main food for Union soldiers in the Civil War.
• The steam rising from a cup of coffee contains the same amounts of antioxidants as three oranges.
• Bananas have no fat, cholesterol or sodium.
• The longest carrot recorded was 16 feet 10 ½ inches.
• The United States manufactures approximately seven billion pounds of chocolate and candy each year.
• As Swiss cheese ferments, a bacterial action produces gas and as the gas is expelled, it bubbles through the cheese leaving holes.
• The first hamburgers in U.S. history were served in New Haven in 1895.
• Salmon and shrimp are the most popular seafoods in American restaurants.
• There are more than 7,000 varieties of apples.
• Americans eat 800 million pounds of bologna annually.
• The first soda made in the U.S. was Vernor's Ginger Ale, created in Detroit 1866 by James Vernor.
• Did you hear about the M&M inspector who got fired for tossing out all the W's?
The following video, Vintage TV Commercial: Quaker Oats, courtesy of You Tube.
Order, 7001 Forgotten Secrets of the Ages today on Amazon.com
Order in Time For The Holidays! 7001 Forgotten Secret's of the Ages is a marvelous potpourri of history, facts, secrets and trivia all about food. Beginning with the history of food, this is one book that will keep all trivia buffs and information seekers busy for years to come!
Loaded with information 'from soup to nuts', secrets known throughout the ages are rediscovered to preserve for generations to come. Here you will discover all cooking and baking secrets; unusual food facts you will use everyday to save yourself time, money and aggravation; current nutrition facts and health tips; how to make children interested in eating healthy Plus important food safety information that restaurants and grocery stores are not telling you.
Also included are recipes for the most casual barbeque to the most formal dinner parties; theme party ideas, and even what was served in the Victorian days! Easy and fun to read format with an index, 7001 Forgotten Secret's of the Ages is a true treasure! It also makes a great gift for anyone on any occasion.